BlackRock launches US active multi-thematic ETF

Dec 17th, 2021 | By | Category: Equities

THEMATIC INVESTING - WEDNESDAY 29TH JUNE 2022 (08:15-11:30) - THE BILTMORE MAYFAIR, LONDON Please join us for our annual thematic investing breakfast briefing with participation from MSCI, WisdomTree, KraneShares, ETC Group / HANetf, and Global X. Please register now if you would like to attend.


BlackRock has launched a new actively managed ETF targeting multiple investment themes within US equity markets.

BlackRock launches US active multi-thematic ETF

The fund provides exposure to both structural and emerging investment themes.

Listed on NYSE Arca, the BlackRock Future US Themes ETF (BTHM US) serves as a one-ticker solution for investors wishing to avoid the complexities of building a diversified thematic portfolio and the uncertainty of when to exit individual themes.

The fund is managed by Philip Hodges, Head of Research in BlackRock’s Factor-Based Strategies Group, as well as Raffaele Savi and Travis Cooke, both part of BlackRock’s Systematic Active Equity Investment Team.

The fund delivers diversified access to a blend of long-term structural trends, which account for approximately 75% of the portfolio’s target allocation, and shorter-term emerging trends which make up the remaining 25%.

The portfolio managers leverage a model-based approach and systematic techniques to identify and capture relevant themes based on flows, sentiment, and valuations.

During temporary defensive periods, the fund may shift up to 100% of its assets into high-quality short-term fixed income securities to protect capital against adverse market conditions.

As of 16 December, information technology stocks accounted for nearly half (47.4%) of the portfolio exposure with the next-largest sector weights being financials (17.1%), communication services (12.1%), and consumer discretionary (10.6%).

Notable positions included Alphabet (9.8%), Microsoft (9.0%), Apple (8.0%), Berkshire Hathaway (4.5%), Accenture (3.8%), Texas Instruments (3.3%), Amazon (3.1%), and Blackstone (2.8%).

The ETF comes with an expense ratio of 0.60%. Distributions are made to investors on a quarterly basis.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Comment